Monday, May 29, 2006

Spring Fever

I have spent the past 4 days Spring cleaning our apartment.
I've been meaning to do this for weeks, because a few hundred dust bunnies that were taking up residence under our bed had to be evicted!

I packed away the Winter and Fall clothes to make way for all our Summer ensembles. I mopped, swept, moved furniture, threw out magazines and filled a huge cardboard box with books to be donated to our local library.
It feels good. I might be becoming a little neat freak, but even my husband notices a breezy difference in our humble Manhattan abode..

There is something to be said for knowing where all your stuff is.
Now if I could just sort through all of our important documents and get our filing cabinets in order, I'd be having the perfect week!

Speaking of weeks.............................
I have 2 weeks left at work. I feel like the end can't come soon enough. I am going to miss the kids, but let me tell you, I miss having and taking care of my own life. Finally, I am going to move onto something new. It is definitely a time for change. I look forward to rediscovering the art of only being emotionally responsible for my own family.

Now lets just see how long it lasts!

6 comments:

gnarly nanny said...

but what will you call your blog!?!??

;)

Nanny said...

ummm, lets see.....The ex-manhattan nanny chronicles?

Robyn said...

I love spring cleaning. I was forced to get rid of all kinds of things to move into my new house. It had to be done. I can't bring in old junk to live with my soon-to-be husband!

Good luck on the outside.

P.S. Come look at my pictures!

Anonymous said...

I am wondering what you blog will turn into now that yuo are leaving the fam. :*( I hope you have more time to do it now.

ExAfrica said...

How long must we wait for the "Adventures of a New Life", a.k.a "Life Beyond (someone else's) Children"!!!?

BTW - some sort of SA thing going on near Boston next month - will you be there??

Nanny said...

I didnt know about any south african thing going on in boston. I will have to look into it and try to get there.
This week will be the week for many updates.