Saturday, December 02, 2006

Taking in SLOW....

I got a crock Pot.
A slow cooker.
It's Red, and sassy, just like my microwave.
It seriously makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!

I am so domesticated now, that I made a Pot Roast on Wednesday.

It literally took me 15 minutes before school to put it all in the pot.
I went to school and by the time I got home, all I had to do was slice it up and eat it.

My husband loved it and took the leftovers to work the next day.

I can't believe how easy it was.

Tonight Shawn is taking me out for dinner. Then tomorrow I am going to roast a chicken, but Monday, I am going to try to make Pulled Pork sandwiches.
I feel so Midwestern.

Three years ago - when I loved the night life, when I was staying out all night with my friends, arriving home at 4 am and writing in my spare time, who would have thought that down the line I would be celebrating my crock Pot?
Not me, thats for sure!

P.S. I just heard that my father-in-law is wondering why I would use a crock pot when I'm such a great cook (which is true, so true! lol). It's so fast and easy, but most of all I like the idea it's like magic! You don't do a thing. You put a slab of meat in a pot, go away for the day, come home and it's all done and delicious. Magical!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love love cooking with a crock pot but im getting bored of the recipes I have....let me know if you have any delicious ones:)

Clarabelle said...

Oh yes! I know the feeling of being surprised at your own domesticity. Good, isn't it? it's like a christmassy feeling all year round :)
When i was proud of my casserole, I knew I was a grown up.